There are so many benefits of joining a mums' fitness group. It’s not just about ‘getting fit’ – there are lots of amazing benefits for your physical and mental health too. Emma Bunting explains.
As a new mum, it’s hard to even think about adding an extra daily activity to your already busy life with the sleepless nights, breastfeeding, grocery shopping, looking after other members of your family, and so on…
It can feel very scary returning to exercise but joining a group of like-minded mums may be just what you need to kickstart your fitness journey as a new mum.
There are so many benefits of joining a mums’ fitness group. It’s not just about ‘getting fit’ – there are lots of amazing benefits for your physical and mental health.
It has been proven that exercise will help you improve your mood, energy levels, sleep and help with your postnatal recovery.
But always remember, exercise should be fun and enjoyable.
And the best thing about joining a local mums and bubs fitness group? It’s not just about fitness, it’s a community!
Take a look at some of the other amazing benefits of joining a mums’ fitness group:
- You will be guided by a MumSafe™ Trainer who will help and support you, and understand your post-natal body.
- You will train in an outdoor, friendly and flexible environment.
- Your MumSafe™ Trainer will educate you on pelvic floor and abdominal muscles, with the support of a Women’s Health Physio.
- You will gain friends and have a social connection with other mums.
- You will learn new things about your body and how your body has changed.
- You will improve your mental health by getting those endorphins flowing.
- You will never get bored with the variety of workouts.
- You will benefit from the strength and cardio workous that will help with mum duties.
- Your MumSafe™ Trainer will help to keep you accountable – you are more likely to turn up to your session.
- Most importantly you will laugh, have fun and leave feeling happy to tackle the day ahead!
Working with a MumSafe™ Trainer means that you will be encouraged to listen to your body, work at your own level and never compare yourself to other mums. You can find a MumSafe™ Trainer in your area by clicking here.
If you are a new mum returning to exercise and are not sure where to start check out our FREE Safe Return to Exercise for New Mums program to learn all you need to know.