As we approach the end of winter, we have been experiencing some spectacular winter days here in Canberra! It’s the perfect time to get out for a walk with your baby and/or toddler.
And, if you’ve got older kids that can ride balance bikes, push bikes or scooters, these pram walks in Canberra have you covered.
I had my own ideas of my top 5 pram walks but I reached out to my community of mums to find out what other suggestions they may have.
And here they are:
1. You can’t go past good old Lake Burley Griffin. It’s a nice 5km walk and there are a number of coffee stops along the way. You can walk with a friend and have a coffee afterwards or grab one along the way. There is also Boundless Playground so if bub, toddler or older kids need to have a crawl or run around, you can end up here and let them run free. It’s a fully enclosed playground.
2. If you’re looking for something a little bit longer, you can’t go past Lake Ginninderra. There’s a short loop or a long loop that you can complete.
3. An increasingly popular walk is Yerrabi Pond walk. It’s approximately 4km and there are multiple cafes and restaurants nearby that you can visit at the beginning or end of your walk. It is also a dog-friendly walking loop with 2 off-leash opportunities available. So you can take your pooch for a walk as well!
4. One I haven’t done myself yet is the Botanic Gardens, in particular the Australian walk. It’s apparently got some good hills in it too if you’re looking for a butt workout… 😊
5. Another one I haven’t done but one of our mums loves is from the Curtin Red Brick Café loop. It’s approximately 4km in length and I’ve heard that Red Brick Café make a really nice coffee. You can find a map of it here: Canberra walks – Curtin pram friendly walk – Canberra Dog Walks.
I’m excited because now I have a few walks I can check out with my toddler and 4 year old – and I hope you will too! So, grab your sneakers, pram, baby and a walking buddy and hit the pavement!
Jacqui runs Canberra Fitness Centre in Mitchell in the ACT. To find out more about her and get in touch, click here.
You can also find her on Instagram.